Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Confirming a delete
WorkTheWeb Forums > Web Hosting Help > PHP Help
Support our Sponsors!
noe0729
I am working on an admin tool and I want to confirm a delete with a javascript confirm box but the script I am using will not let me use the php variables in the target url.
CODE

<script language="javascript">
<!-- Hide from non-JavaScript Browsers
function ConfirmChoice()
{
answer = confirm("Really Delete?");
if (answer !=0)
{
 location = "index.php?page=NewsUpdater&page2=Delete&date=$date&subject=$subject";
}
}
//Done Hiding-->
</script>

Then I call this javascript with the following code
CODE

echo "
<a href='#' onclick='ConfirmChoice(); return false;'>Delete</a>";

When I click delete it asks for the confirm but then does not delete it. I know it has to do with the php variables in the url. I have dug through numerous forums and websites on this subject but have not found a way to work this out.

Any thoughts/ideas?
phpfreak
You could do the same thing without defining a function though smile.gif

CODE
<a onclick="if ( !window.confirm( 'Are you sure you want to DELETE THIS?' ) ) { return false; }" href="/URL_TO_DELETE">Delete</a>

Just pass in your variables into the /URL_TO_DELETE such as /news.php?cmd=delete&news_article=3

noe0729
QUOTE(phpfreak @ Mar 6 2005, 10:57 AM)
You could do the same thing without defining a function though smile.gif

CODE
<a onclick="if ( !window.confirm( 'Are you sure you want to DELETE THIS?' ) ) { return false; }" href="/URL_TO_DELETE">Delete</a>

Just pass in your variables into the /URL_TO_DELETE such as /news.php?cmd=delete&news_article=3

I ended up having to use backslashes so I could use double quotes in order to get the javascript embeded into the echo statement. Thanks for the info!
phpfreak
QUOTE(noe0729 @ Mar 6 2005, 11:46 AM)
I ended up having to use backslashes so I could use double quotes in order to get the javascript embeded into the echo statement. Thanks for the info!

That's the correct way to do it! Or, you could echo in single quotes and backslash the single quotes smile.gif

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.