Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: phpMyAdmin Help
WorkTheWeb Forums > Web Hosting Help > PHP Help
Support our Sponsors!
noe0729
I am runnig XP Home Edition with apache 2.0.52, MySQL 4.0.23, and php 5.0.2

When I try to run phpMyAdmin (every version except 2.2.0) it causes my apache server to freeze up. It doesn't always do it right away. Sometimes it will let me click through a few links then freeze-up. It seems as though it really likes to do it when I try to view the structure of any database. If I stick to viewing table structures it does fine.

Is there a conflict with the verions in my WAMP set-up?

Are there any configuration files I can change?

Any thoughts/ideas?

phpfreak
QUOTE(noe0729 @ Mar 21 2005, 11:18 PM)
I am runnig XP Home Edition with apache 2.0.52, MySQL 4.0.23, and php 5.0.2

When I try to run phpMyAdmin (every version except 2.2.0) it causes my apache server to freeze up.  It doesn't always do it right away.  Sometimes it will let me click through a few links then freeze-up.  It seems as though it really likes to do it when I try to view the structure of any database.  If I stick to viewing table structures it does fine.

Is there a conflict with the verions in my WAMP set-up?

Are there any configuration files I can change?

Any thoughts/ideas?

Not really sure here... been so long since I've dealt with that combo on Windows. I'd recommend Apache 1.33, PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.1.1 over the Apache2 and PHP 5 any day.... Those products are not stable enough to run together in my opinion.
noe0729
QUOTE(phpfreak @ Mar 21 2005, 11:28 PM)
Not really sure here... been so long since I've dealt with that combo on Windows. I'd recommend Apache 1.33, PHP 4.3.10 and MySQL 4.1.1 over the Apache2 and PHP 5 any day.... Those products are not stable enough to run together in my opinion.

I'm really starting to hate dealing with any combo on Windows. Once I get comfortable with Linux I'll be on my way to a better developing enviroment.

I'll give your recommended combo a shot and see what happens. Thanks!
noe0729
I installed what you recommended and now everything is working great. My only hang up was reinstalling MySQL. I had to learn a thing or two about instances.

Thanks Again!

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.