Full Version: Mail configuration
WorkTheWeb Forums > Web Hosting Help > Mail Server Help
Support our Sponsors!
ftgraf
I can't configure mail account in Macintosh with Mcrosoft Entourage and/or Mail
phpfreak
QUOTE(ftgraf @ Mar 31 2005, 06:15 PM)
I can't configure mail account in Macintosh with Mcrosoft Entourage and/or Mail

What appears to be the problem? This is a vague description of the problem and without specifics we can't help you much.
ftgraf
QUOTE(phpfreak @ Apr 3 2005, 02:50 AM)
What appears to be the problem? This is a vague description of the problem and without specifics we can't help you much.

the problem is that Entourage cant connect with the server. Im using this configuration

E-mail address == [email protected]
Account ID == [email protected]
POP server == pop3.mydomain.com (I also tried pop.mydomain.com and just mydomain.com)
SMTP == smtp.mydomain.com
(X) SMTP server requires authentication
(X) use same settings as receiving mail server

The ports are 110 for POP3 and 25 for SMTP

Thanks
ftgraf
QUOTE(phpfreak @ Apr 3 2005, 02:50 AM)

the problem is that Entourage cant connect with the server. Im using this configuration

POP server == pop3.mydomain.com (I also tried pop.mydomain.com and just mydomain.com)

Thanks
phpfreak
QUOTE(ftgraf @ Apr 3 2005, 07:17 PM)

Thanks

Some email clients have problems authenticating. Try using myname+mydomain.com and see if that works.
ftgraf
QUOTE(phpfreak @ Apr 4 2005, 12:36 AM)
Some email clients have problems authenticating. Try using myname+mydomain.com and see if that works.

It still doesn't work. I think there could be a problem with my account because I tried sending mail from Hotmail and Yahoo and they returned with this message "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server."

Thanks
phpfreak
QUOTE(ftgraf @ Apr 6 2005, 05:49 PM)
It still doesn't work. I think there could be a problem with my account because I tried sending mail from Hotmail and Yahoo and they returned with this message "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server."

Thanks

Please submit a ticket. This is not something to be handled in the forums because we need some more information.

Sincerely,

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.