Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: HDR error
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Adobe Photoshop - Windows
Support our Sponsors!
I've got 3 picture with different exposions and trying to merge them with the "merge to hdr" tool. I get them into the big preview window with the slider to the top right, presses "OK" and the "creating file..."-text comes but when its finished an error dialog appers:

"Could not complete the Merge to HDR command because a command was not available".

Anyone with the same experience or knows the the solution to the problem?

I have exactly the same problem.
Please help us on this.
Many thanks!

Alfredo

Me too

William Davies

Anybody else with this problem?

Heared that this error might depend on using non english versions of windows xp? What are u guys using?

I use French XP

William Davies

Spanish XP Professional

John Joslin
Alfredo

There is a character in the English TV soap East Enders called "Alfie Moon".

Any relation? (est bromeando) :)

YES! I've been caught! You can download some stuff here:

<http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/coolstuff/download/character/list_downloads_alfiemoon.shtml>

Don't forget to download the wallpapers and screen savers!

hahaha, just kidding too!

Nop, no relation with him. But I was called Alfie Moon too by the girls at my former workplace ;)

HEY ADOBE GUYS!!!!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?????????????????????????
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well does anyone have a solution to the problem or not?

Willaim

Seems that Adobe doesn't even know what happens...

You do know that this is a USER to USER forum, and not an outlet of Adobe technical support, right?

It seems to happen on localized (non English) OSes only.
We're still looking in the the cause.

Anyone in the mood for filling out a (long) bugreport...

If you Mr. Cox are one of the PS CS2 Team, then it means that the "Adobe guys" I mentioned before, are really coming here and reading the posts which means that you really care. I thank you very much for this and for the time to respond us.
Sorry if I sounded rude but besides the problem with the HDR command I am one of the bunch of guys who finds CS2 a little slow and sometimes with the workload I have... well, I hope you understand I can be in wild mood swings...
Many thanks again.
My best regards,

Alfredo Luna

I can understand.

And yes, I'm one of the Photoshop engineers.

Well, nothing else to say: the help is coming.
Thanks again.

Alfredo Luna

Would be nice of u Chris Cox to post some info on whether u PS guys are close to solving the problem or not?

John Joslin
Let them get on with it: you're lucky to have such interactive support!

It reminds me of "Daddy, are we there yet?"

Think its fair to let the users know a little more then: Hey im a adobeguy...I cant feel the father-son relationship to adobe that you are talking about;)

Coolmanq,
You can often find out about a forum contributor by clicking on thier name!
(Note: Well, what they are willing to supply- you have no info.)

Why should I have some info when im here for the firs time just looking for a solution to the problem...

I use Czech version XP Home+SP1 and Ive got "Could not complete the Merge to HDR command because a command was not available" label too.

Felix, did you use at least three images?

3 with difference 1,5 EV

"command not availble" == non-Roman OS bug in MergeToHDR

non-Roman = all other languages has this bug?

No, only non-Roman languages have this problem, as I said.
(which is distinctly different from non-English)

I still don't get it...all windows except the Roman has this error, right?

All localized OS versions that use non-Roman character sets - correct.
But that is not the same thing as non-English.

chinese korean, ME versions, etc.

I use swedish version of windows xp pro sp2, swedish uses Roman characters? but I have the problem...

read on a page that another swedish guy that hade swedish xp changed to english version and then the merge to hdr command worked perfectly fine...

Swedish uses SOME Roman characters and some NON-Roman characters.

It's the non-Roman characters that cause the problem.

So, Chris, you have found the cause, but is there going to be some sort of fix made available to us foreigners whose languages use non-Roman characters? If yes, how long? If no, what do we do?

William

Gustavo Sanchez
French and Spanish = Non-Roman? ...Errare humanum est :P

I presume that the French ,,,,, are non-roman

still no info about when a solution might be coming...getting a bit frustrated here

Cool - because we aren't allowed to comment about unannounced versions of software.

Same dialog error, when i'm trying to merge HDR. I used those three sample images within PS|CS2 to test this command, and also others valids HDRs images. I've spanish WindowsXP SP2.

PS|CS2 installation path has some spanish character (e.g. ALT + 0241), is that ok? PC|CS1 has not error in this same path
--

Daniel Serrano

<[Email Removed]> escribi en el mensaje news:[Email Removed]2eafNXanI...
> Cool - because we aren't allowed to comment about unannounced versions of software.

Dear all,

I got the same error, but only when I used two tiffs created from the same RAW. When using two different images (even RAW) Photoshop said: 0.66 (or whatever value was applicable) EV difference and created the HDR image.

To me it looks like Photoshop reads the EXIF-data and if they are equal gets in a loop, or in whatver other situation that forces the program not to finish the HDR merge. Not a big bug in my opinion and case, because this is not a 'real' merge.

My XP SP2 is English by the way.

The only thing that does seem to have its limitations is aligning. Oh, and one small thing: after the merge, Photoshop doesn't seem to remember the directory where it openened the files it had to merge.

Best greetings,

Dr

Same dialog error, when i'm trying to merge HDR. I used those three sample images within PS|CS2 to test this command, and also others valids HDRs images
Swedish Xp English Photoshop
VERY FRUSTRATING!!

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.