Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Blank icons in layers
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Adobe Photoshop - Windows
Support our Sponsors!
Just wondering,, if others have seen icons like these here,, the blank ones,, they come and go..

<http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pic=16FB7NPXT7k1FCUTm1DM8KbmOt9Sy>

The "blank" ones on the right are masks that are created whenever you add an adjustment level. By default, the mask is all white, meaning that the adjustment will affect all pixels reaching it from levels below. If you paint on the mask in black, those levels will be unaffected.

Michael, asking about the ones on the left.

The ones on the left aren't blank. They have very small icons of a right-pointing triangle.

I don't know why, but your version of PS is apparently displaying adjustment layers in the layers pallette with a minimal icon instead of the proper icon. What are you using? 7, CS, or CS2?

CS2, you have seen this minimanl icon? the normal icon comes back sometimes after a reboot, or whatnot.

I have CS and CS2 and haven't seen this minimal icon. Have you upgraded your video drivers?

No.

Try changing the icon size in layer options (click on the little triangle near the top of the layers pallette and pick layer options). Also try upgrading your video driver.

thanks MIcheal:
the thumbnail size is ok. I'ts an intermittant thing. My guess so far, is no one knows for sure what it is.

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.