Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: color overlay
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Adobe Photoshop - Windows
Support our Sponsors!
Hi,

I am using Version 6.0 Adobe photoshop. Very newbie.

Whenever I create a layer in Layer pallette , this color overlay was added AUTOMATICALLY to that layer and color looks different.

How to takeout this color overlay checkbox? I clicked on 'color overlay' in Layer Palette, uncheck the box and still it keep coming every time i create a shape.

You need to set the Layer mode to 'Normal' in the layer drop-down.

Its is 'Normal' when I create on 'New layer create' icon. When I create a shape with shape tool, it automatically insertig 'Color overlay' for that shape and color is different.

When I create a shape with shape tool, it automatically insertig 'Color
overlay' for that shape and color is different.

If the issue is that your color is different, then look closely at the layers palette for that shape layer - as Len says, at the top of the palette is a Blend Mode dropdown box. Is it set to Normal? Is the opacity 100%?

If the issue is that there is a color overlay at all, that's how the shape tool works when you have it set to Shape Layer.

Thank you . I don't know what I did, but I get rid of this color overlay to new layer. :)

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.