Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Superimposing Text on Cloth/Material in PS
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Adobe Photoshop - Windows
Support our Sponsors!
Michael J
hello and greets all,

Recently, a few weeks ago, I had found somewhere on the web a nice PS tutorial for
putting text on cloth, and making it look like the cloth was "stained" (for lack of a
better term) with the text. What's nice about it was that the tutorial had the text
warping/folding to match the folds/wrinkles of the cloth. It looks very nice and was
a very "buyable" effect.

Problem is, I've since not been able to find that tutorial again. Could have swore I
book marked it but apparently not. And with round about 900 million Photoshop
tutorials on the web, it's kind of hard to find a specific one. Has anyone seen a
tutorial like this, or know a nice way of doing this effect? Thank you.

MJ

Mike Hyndman
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:19:03 GMT, Michael J <[Email Removed]> wrote:

hello and greets all,

Recently, a few weeks ago, I had found somewhere on the web a nice PS tutorial for
putting text on cloth, and making it look like the cloth was "stained" (for lack of a
better term) with the text. What's nice about it was that the tutorial had the text
warping/folding to match the folds/wrinkles of the cloth. It looks very nice and was
a very "buyable" effect.

Problem is, I've since not been able to find that tutorial again. Could have swore I
tutorials on the web, it's kind of hard to find a specific one. Has anyone seen a
MJ,

How about http://www.good-tutorials.com/track/9283
Also, have a look for displacement map tutorials.
regards
MH

Mike Hyndman

hello and greets all,

a very "buyable" effect.

Another one, http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/dispmap/dispmap.htm

MH

Michael J
Thank you, Mike. These are pretty much the exact effects I was looking for. Again
many thanks.

MJ

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:46:13 +0100, Mike Hyndman <[Email Removed]> wrote:

hello and greets all,

a very "buyable" effect.

Another one, http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/dispmap/dispmap.htm
MH

Mike Hyndman
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:44:41 GMT, Michael J <[Email Removed]> wrote:

Thank you, Mike. These are pretty much the exact effects I was looking for. Again
many thanks.

No problemo :-)

MH

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.