Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Cpanel error message
WorkTheWeb Forums > Web Hosting Help > cPanel General Help
Support our Sponsors!
noe0729
Whenever I try to open my Cpanel I get the following error message.

tcp_error: A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"

It may have to do with the AF proxy but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts/ideas?
phpfreak
QUOTE(noe0729 @ Feb 28 2005, 08:37 PM)
Whenever I try to open my Cpanel I get the following error message.

tcp_error: A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"

It may have to do with the AF proxy but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Hi, that could definately be the problem. It sounds like the AF proxy is blocking you because that's not an error that would be generated by cPanel.

noe0729
I don't suppose there is another way to access the MySQL database besides the Cpanel is there?
phpfreak
QUOTE(noe0729 @ Feb 28 2005, 08:53 PM)
I don't suppose there is another way to access the MySQL database besides the Cpanel is there?

Sure, you could upload phpMyAdmin and then configure it to connect to your database. However, you'll need the connection information from the cPanel.

If you want, submit a ticket and request the mysql databases be created for you and we'll reply back with the login information you need to configure phpMyAdmin.

noe0729
Sounds good. Thanks!
noe0729
Is there a version of phpMyAdmin that you would recommend for your server setup?
phpfreak
QUOTE(noe0729 @ Mar 1 2005, 04:31 AM)
Is there a version of phpMyAdmin that you would recommend for your server setup?

Sure, the latest stable one on http://www.phpmyadmin.net under "Quick Download" should do just fine.

phpMyAdmin 2.6.1pl2

Make sure that you password protect this once you get it installed! phpMyAdmin offers a method of using login (I don't remember how) and it can authenticate your username / password from the one used to connect to the database. Or, you could just use .htaccess

Sincerely,

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.