Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Flash 7 just One bug for CD-Rom Production
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
I've been using Director for a while now for CD-Rom/Exibition Stand work and Flash for Web stuff. But Since flash 7 has come out I now have moved to produce all my media work in flash.

ONE Problem for me tho..

RIGHT MOUSE click ..... The settings in context menu has a link to a website that makes it unsecure for Exibition stand with net access. One of my clients found a IE window up on a large corporate exibition stand that was not there site link. They were not pleased.

Why cant macromedia just have its "made with macromedia player 7" on context menu when producing projectors ????

I really like flashMX2004 Pro "flash7" but this is a problem I wish macromedia would sort.

I mean, you can switch it off if the flash is in HTML why not when creating a exe.

CYDEX24

One thing I had never thought of before on this issue....if you right-click inside a text field, you get a "cut/copy/paste" menu which does not have the Macromedia link. What if you placed a blank dynamic text box on the topmost layer of your presentation that covered the entire stage? Then they'd only get that "cut/copy/paste" menu if they right-clicked. Is that a possible solution?

Nice try but it dosn't work ---- when you create a dynamic text box that is selectable text- your right the hole thing comes up with copy/paste etc. but No interface controls work (all buttons) and the select text cursor is constant. When you make the dynamic text box non-selectable it goes back to the settings/about macromedia.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe we well crack it another way. I cant believe Macromedia can be so Crap like this - maybe its so I keep using Director for CD-Rom authoring.

O'well thanks again :)

CYDEX24

you can kill the whole context menu using a resource editor just like "reshack".
you can even change the label and the command executed within each context topic.

but i think this works for .exe files only.
if theres a reseditor for hqx files this will maybe work for mac projectors too.

hope this helps -

greetings
..simon

Thanks for that - I'll look into it but I think its Illegal to loose the Macromedia Copyright but I'll check with Macromedia if I can just Loose the unsecure Settings option.

I'll defenatly use this for personal use but I think when it comes to my clients work I've got to keep lowjit..

Much Thanks.

CYDEX24

cause of the copyright:
if you display the madewithmacromedia logo at the startup and/or end of your presentation (e.g on close)
everything is fine and dont forget to place the macromedia logo on your packaging.
then everything would be fine.

=)
greetings simon

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.