Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Panning or 360 degree effect
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
Is there a technique or actionscripting code that can make a Flash movie appear to be panning across the stage back to the starting point? Can this be done without creating a large background file?

I guess a second part to this question would be is if you use actionscript in a Flash movie, is it affected or will it still work if the final output is video or a Quicktime movie?

Its not really triggered by the mouse or anything; it would just play like any other part of the movie. I was wondering if this effect can be done without using actionscript? I mean would it involve a lot of motion tweening or using guides/paths? The final output will be video which is why I can't do it the "easy" way(actionscript)

urami_
""sls42" webforumsuser"@macromedia.com wrote:

Is there a technique or actionscripting code that can make a Flash movie appear to be panning across the stage back to the starting point? Can this be done without creating a large background file?

It the panning based on mouse or by itself endless loop .....?

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

</lsym>

urami_
Its not really triggered by the mouse or anything; it would just play like any other part of the movie.  I was wondering if this effect can be done without using actionscript?  I mean would it involve a lot of motion tweening or using guides/paths?  The final output will be video which is why I can't do it the "easy" way(actionscript)

in such way only motion tween and lots of it as video is time based frame by frame
images sequence ....

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

So I would have to create a long background that "scrolls" across the stage using motion tweening?

tralfaz
Your video output device will not care if you move the background image with
actionscript. A.S. moves bitmaps more smoothly than a tween, produces
smaller file size and your video output device will not know how you did it.
:o)
tf

"sls42" <[Email Removed]> wrote in message
news:blnkml$9ut$[Email Removed]...
So I would have to create a long background that "scrolls" across the
stage using motion tweening?

urami_
tralfaz wrote:

Your video output device will not care if you move the background image with
actionscript.  A.S. moves bitmaps more smoothly than a tween, produces
smaller file size and your video output device will not know how you did it.
:o)
tf

but how you going to export AS motion background to video ?
Video is images sequence only , it has totally no support for action script.
Only QT allow basic layer of flash embedded into video with very primitive goto lay and stop
actions . It definitely won't support action that continue looping background.
SO on export it will appears still.... must be motion tween , no other way ...

--

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

tralfaz
SO on export it will appears still.... must be motion tween , no other way
Regards
urami_*

Ok, I see. I was thinking of a 3D program that outputs to AVI or mpeg.
Scripting is all part of that.
Too bad Flash output cannot be used the same way.
tf

That's what I was kinda getting at. The scene has to be saved as a Quicktime movie; that's what the video dept. wants and they can just stick it in the show where it needs to be or tweak it if they have to. Motion tweening it is...

If I were to go ahead and do the actionscript anyway(not that I would) would the effects be obvious? I mean would the movie not play? would Quicktime just override the actionscript and just play as is? Would the playback be spotty?

Thank you for your help with this:)

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.