Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Text renders too big
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
I have a dynamic text field. I have set the size to 10 point type in the properties window. When it renders, however, it is more like 22 point. This keeps all the copy from fitting into the allotted space. Why doesn't it render as 10 point?

You can download testimonial.fla at ftp://www.doublehelixcommunications.com (anonymous).

If it isn't already apparent, I am a newbie. How did I "scale up" the movie clip?

urami_
I have a dynamic text field. I have set the size to 10 point type in the properties window. When it renders, however, it is more like 22 point. This keeps all the copy from fitting into the allotted space. Why doesn't it render as 10 point?

do you have it Online ?

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

</lsym>

urami_
You can download testimonial.fla at ftp://www.doublehelixcommunications.com (anonymous).

it appears that the movie clip is scaled up .
I copy textfield out of the movie clip and
place exactly on top of the move and the text is about 4 times smaller.
Seem to me like you scale the movie clip up 400 to 500 %

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

urami_
If it isn't already apparent, I am a newbie. How did I "scale up" the movie clip?

You could stretch it using transform tool ?

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

This just goes to show what happens when you ask the wrong question. How do I undo the stretching or, better yet, redo it so that it is not stretched?

urami_
This just goes to show what happens when you ask the wrong question. How do I undo the stretching or, better yet, redo it so that it is not stretched?

you won't be able to get it exactly the same size if you not sure how did it
get larger in the first place.
Best is to make new layer , place new text field on top of the old one so you can position
accurately , give them the variable name , convert them in movie clip and than remove
the older one with problem . It really will be faster way to get it right .

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

I understand everything but "convert them in movie clip". Remember, I am a newbie. Could you be more specific?

urami_
I understand everything but "convert them in movie clip". Remember, I am a newbie. Could you be more specific?

make two textfields like the one before . Select both and hit F8 -
Movie Clip

I would suggest you hit the manuals that comes with flash ,
that's kind of very basic flash stuff.
No problem to give you help , i'm doing it so far but you can see
how long does it take to fix something so banal .
The Help is crucial for you to be able to understand the reply ,
just like in this case .
You need basics to get the general idea on how things works and get the
flash glossary to understand what we talk about.
Try from lessons under Help menu , then read the help chapter after chapter.
it will all become much more clear.
ANy stuff you don't understand , please feel free to ask .

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

</lsym>

That was a very polite way of saying RTFM. ;-) Trust me, I have. I just don't know all the nomenclature yet. It's just communication issues, not technical knowledge.

I tried resizing the text fields. The property box allows entry of width, height, X, Y, and font point size. If I leave the point size the same and make the width and height smaller, the text shrinks when I run a test movie. I don't understand that. I would have expected the size of the text box to change and the font to remain the same size. How can you control the rendering of text if the font size seems to be irrelevant?

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.