Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Problems with Brush responiveness in MX2004
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
Well... I have a Macintosh G4 (with OS X 10.2.6) with a Wacom Graphire tablet. The tablet is configured to work with Flash and indeed it does, but:
The Brush tool is not pressure-sensitive as it should be. That means - if I check the Pressure Sensitivity option in the Tools palette, the brush stroke WILL be thinner or wider, depending on pressure applied. BUT it isn't as smoothly and precisely working, as it was in MX 2003. The stroke is super-thin, and the next instant, mega-wide, independently of the pressure I applied to the pen. The Brush reacts also painfully slowly, and conitues drawing strokes for some time even when the pen isn't touching the tablet anymore.
This must be a MX2004 bug - the brush worked fine on the same computer/same system in Flash MX 2003.
Is there sthg in the Flash preferences or somewhere else that needs to be changed or is it a bug that MM has yet to fix?

Miko?aj

did you try updating your wacom driver from their website?

chris georgenes
mudbubble.com
Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash
search forum first - 90% of questions have been answered

Thanks a lot - what a shame, I should have figured it out by myself - it seems to work well now...

Miko?aj

Argh!
I was too optimistic - installing the latest Wacom driver didn't change a thing! Painting with the Brush is still as clumsy and inaccurate as it was... Unresponsive, slooow and clumsy, and if I do the same thing in Flash MX 2003 it just works beautifully - so I guess this IS a MX 2004 bug after all...
Or perhaps can I tweak the Brush prefs somewhere to make it more...hm...co-operative?

Mikolaj

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.