Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Joystick/Joypad Support in Flash MX 2004?
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
Hello, I have not yet purchased Flash MX 2004. One of the big selling points would absolutely be the following:

Is there built-in support for joysticks/joypads/gamepads yet???

It would be downright fantastic if there was, since for now I've just been using the keyboard and mapping keyboard buttons to finicky joypad software.

Also, I've tried really convoluted work-arounds like using javascript plugins in a browsered version of my flash program. (I've been using plain ol' MX so far)

Any thoughts?

-Lars A. Doucet

urami_
Hello, I have not yet purchased Flash MX 2004. One of the big selling points would absolutely be the following:

Is there built-in support for joysticks/joypads/gamepads yet???

no there is none .

It would be downright fantastic if there was, since for now I've just been using the keyboard and mapping keyboard buttons to finicky joypad software.

well , there are 3rd party tools . The new upcoming Jugglor is way overwhelming
with options. It's still in Beta stage but in its finial days .
You may want to keep an eye on Flashjester.com for new coming Jugglor 2.0 (believe it
will be call PRO)

(from help files)
Joystick Support

The enablement of Joystick support in Juggled files allows you to create unimaginably powerful games using Flash and Jugglor. This support has now
been further developed so that both analog and USB Joysticks are able to work with Jugglor, an effort the Jugglor Development team is extremely proud
of.

Regards

urami_*

<lsym>

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

</lsym>

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.