Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: swf seems to be crashing ie 6... ? stumped
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
ok... i'm no flash genius, but this to me seems as though it should be a no brainer...

built movie - with little preloader, imported wmv to library, inserted, cut off 2500 frames of the 3025 imported by the wmv. added "click here to view entire movie - getURL new page with full movie & preloader", or "click here to download zip - getURL zipfile... export movie for flash 6 player, bottom up. (defaults)

so...
insert the .swf into the .html file... upload both.
go to url of html file... preloader is pretty... video starts... looks choppy, pixelated (doesn't look like that in test movie mode)... big blocks of colour where there SHOULD be video, then, partway through, everything comes to a screeching halt and my computer hangs...

now, thought this was maybe exclusive to my computer...
tried it on my partner's system ... same result.

i have embedded little flash movies i've built a zillion times, never had this problem before.
i read through the flash MX help files, says i should be able to import .wmv files
so... now what? this project is already WAY overdue, and i only have a wmv file to work with.

made sure i had the most up to date flash player installed. working on xp home with plenty of ram & cpu speed... ie. 6.

here's the problem url: http://www.4peopleskills.com/presskit/video.htm - click WATCH THE VIDEO.

any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

- Windows XP (German)
- Newest IE
- Newest Flash-Plugin

=> Movie plays until men walking in a row, hands on their shoulders.
Stops then. (Text: "Take a look. Using crea|||")

I can go on surfing without any problems afterwards, but I cannot see the rest of the movie. :(

By the way: Quality is not best, as you already mentioned.

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.