Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Help me convince my employers about which version to support ...
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
Hi,

I'm trying to persuade my employer (who publishes a world famous and extremely busy website) to progress and create Flash projects in version 6. They currently only want to support the creation of Flash 5 content. This is due to their perceived view of the installed verison base.

I've seen the fugures on the Macromedia site here, but I'm interested to hear a few views from the users. Hopefully this could bolster my argument.

I create Flash 6 (and will soon look towrds new functionality in Flash 7) content, using alot of MX actionscript and XML for dynamics. Video-led synchronised content (a bit like SMIL).
We have a few very good other developers who I think are being restrained by the imposition of Flash 5. Also the time to develop is an issue, I think. (MX2004 should also help us build proper apps, as a team)

I'd really like to hear all your 2 cents/pence on this.

What would you say to your boss, if you wanted then to OK the support/development of Flash 6 (and above?) content?

Thanks.

blitzriegel
Here's an article that deals with the issues you mentioned.

www.toondoctor.com

Referring URLs
http://www.toondoctor.com/upgrade01.htm

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.