Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Flash Player 7 stuffs up my movies
WorkTheWeb Forums > Webmaster Resources > Macromedia Flash
Support our Sponsors!
Can't believe it - I just installed Flash Player 7 and it doesn't play my Flash 6 movie properly.

I tested the file from two different machines, one with Flash 7 Player, one with Flash 6 Player, just to make sure. The result: the Flash 7 Player seems to have difficulties when the file loads Variables (LoadVar) from an external PHP file.

Seriously, what kind of update is this of the Plugin, if our old files don't work properly anymore? This really annoys me, because there are a couple of files out there that I wrote with Flash 6 and the loadVar function. Do I really have to go and fix them all now?

Does anybody have any idea, where the problem could be? Has loadVar changed somehow from Flash 6 to Flash 7?

Thanks guys!

Hi Necron,

I'm investigating an issue which may be related. Does loadvar fail completly or partially load the file?

Regards,
Max

Hard to tell - I don't have MX2004, so I can't exactly pinpoint the error. How does it behave for you? Des it load the file partially? Curious...

PHP Help | Linux Help | Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | SSL Hosting
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2006 Invision Power Services, Inc.